Monday, March 29, 2010

This Irish Lady Has Turned Italian


I am a huge Giada De Laurentis fan and for Christmas my husband gave me this cookbook.

Ryan and I never thought of ourselves as pasta lovers but this cookbook has changed us! I have tried about half of the recipes so far and love all of them.

This recipe is Ryan's favorite and in the cookbook Giada mentions that her husband loves it as well. So I guess it's a man's meal :) It's basically sausage, peas, ricotta cheese and pasta.
First you brown the Italian sausage with some garlic. Add some frozen peas until they are warmed and smash them with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix them together with some ricotta cheese.
Add the cooked pasta (I used orecchiette this time) with some of the pasta water to thin out the sauce.
Chop up some fresh basil to sprinkle on top of the pasta, along with freshly grated cheese.
And there you have it!
A delicious, hearty dish in just 20 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. i have this book and i just love it! those photos are fantastic sugar! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is GREAT! and she is Grandaughter to fashion ikon Oscar de le Renta, not too shabby :)

    Smiles,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete